Thread: 05' Goalie?
View Single Post
Old
04-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Sather Hater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Playing Blackburn with the Rangers next season, especially to start the season could be disasterous, for both the team and the kid.

Even before his lost season this year he needed to go down and play 50+ games in Hartford, regain some confidence and also to work on some things technically.
If he is healthy enough, I don't see any problems with him staying with the big club splittting time with someone. Being a former goalie myself, I don't really believe the goalie "needs more time in the minors to develop than any other position" theory. Most teams keep there young goalie prospect in the minors as long as possible because every team in the NHL has a bonafide #1 goalie, so there is no need to have the youngster rotting away on the bench. He already has some NHL experience and played pretty well actually. Alot of people talk like he he got shelled every game and needed to play in the minors for awhile but he stole many points for the team by himself, and proved he can play in this league.