View Single Post
Old
04-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Kubera55

vCash: 500
Just chiming in as someone who's seen Grenier play. I caught his act a week or so ago in Hartford verse the Lowell Lock Monsters (I think).

The Pack won handily (another shut-out for Labarberra) but I came away very unimpressed with Grenier. He's immense, and will hit, but he took three minor penalties (two in the first period, one triggering a 5-on-3 against) and he's slow. I repeatedly watched the smurfy AHL'ers blow around him like he was stuck in cement. He was partnered up with fellow behemoth Craig Weller, who looked Brian Leetch fast by comparison. (And Weller really isn't fast).

As for the Rucinsky deal looking bad . . . oof. Who knows what was offered? Assuming Jason King was on the table, or anyone else for that matter, seems silly. In the end, as others have noted on this thread, Sather turned two months of a guy he didn't need and who didn't cost a thing into a B/C prospect and a B+ prospect or a decent draft pick. Can't argue with that.

About the only deal that's looking shady from the firesale is the Nedved-Markannen sweatheart deal to Edmonton. But I'm not trotting out that horse again. . .