View Single Post
Old
01-02-2008, 07:12 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Why would I want to give $3M to an old guy who may wind up becoming a third liner next year when the same money can go to someone 10 years younger?
For me its all about stability. We cannot keep changing 4-6 players every season. We got a tremendous team on paper this season, but that is comprimised with the fact that 50% of our blueline wasn't here 12 month ago, and that we got 3 new centers and 1 new winger. Chemistry is extremely important. Take our 2nd line for example, they aren't all that impressive 5 on 5. They basically don't create any prolonged pressure in the attacking zone because they struggle in the transition play. I am 100% sure though that they would have been much better in that aspect if Drury would have been here longer, had more chemistry with our D's and linemates.

Shanny and Straka IMO are players that works in NY, in their role in the system, on the ice and with their teammates. And they now got chemistry with their linemates.

There is nothing wrong at all with having around 4 35+ vets on a team, they provide allot to the lockerroom. You need that mix. I defenitly think Slats should work hard to keep both Shanny and Straka. Maybe go with Struds again as a 7th D, and go with Hutchinson/Pck-Sauer/Struds as the 3rd pairing on D next season. Then it might be possible that we can afford to resign everybody and still keep Straka and Shanny.

If a kid is ready, like Dawes/AC/AA/Korpedo I got no doubts that they will be make room for him. We looked to have very little room this season, but as things have turned out it wouldn't have taken much at all for a kid to win a spot. Basically just showing up and playing decent would have been enough...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote