View Single Post
Old
04-08-2004, 02:13 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
1.The Habs will have to weather the storm for the first 10 minutes or so, just like 2 years ago, the Bruins came out flying, they most likely will do the same, the bruins will be hard on the forecheck, it'll be very important for the Habs players, especially the defenseman, to maintain there composure...

2.Discipline-although the Bruins PP has struggled in recent weeks, even with the additions of Gonchar and Nylander, they have the potential firepower to throw out 2 very dangerous PP's at the Habs, we don't want a repeat performance of the Philly game where we gave up too many PP's, especially with Gonchar on the point...

3.Special teams-For the habs to win this series, they must have the edge in the special teams dept., Boston is a very aggressive forechecking team, but if we make them pay on the PP, it might just slow them down, and make them play our type of game...

4.Speed-We have alot of speed and we can exploit Boston slow footed defenseman, and except for Boynton and maybe Gill, their defense can be shaky in their own zone...

IMO those are a few important things that will be key in the Habs hopeful success this series, let's hope for a win tonight, it's important to at least get a split in Boston, I don't think the Bruins can beat us at home with the way we've played there this year and with a pumped up crowd

Go Habs Go
Well, well, looks like I was bang on about my keys to winning last night's game...

#1.The Bruins came out strong, and we didn't do a great job of weathering the storm, they outshot us like 10-1 in the 1st 10 mins...

#2.We weren't disciplined, Gonchar and Nylander killed the Habs on the PP.

#3.Our PK sucked, and despite good movement on the PP failed to capitalize.

#4.The Bulis-Koivu-Zednik line failed to use their speed in putting pressure on the Boston defense...

So since I was so good with the keys to winning the 1st game, I'll try for Friday's game.

#1.Sit Yannik Perreault