View Single Post
Old
01-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Foy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornton_19 View Post
Really? You have tons of Dmen and defensive prospects? Where? I could have sword Washington had one of the worst Defensive Corps in the league. Tom Poti and Brian Pothier are 4th Dmen on most teams.........

I know you have Karl Alzner and Keith Seabrook in the system, but neither are expected to be NHL ready for at least 3 more years.
The rest of the prospects in your system are longshots to make the NHL.
Brian Pothier is a 5th d-man on the Caps, and Tom Poti is 3rd. The Caps don't have one of the worst d-corps in the league, to think so is ignorant. We're in the top 10 in shots allowed (last I checked). We have the top defensive goal scorer in the league. The two d-men you mentioned are the only defensemen we have over 25. If we needed d-men, it'd be experienced d-men. There were many games last year where one defenseman on the other team would have more NHL games experienced than our entire d-corps combined. As far prospects, the Captain for team Canada in World Jrs. is a Caps' draftee, as is another d-man for the Canucks. Not to mention at least 2 potential NHL d-men in Hershey (former 1st rounder Pokulok and 2nd rounder Sami Lepisto), and others in college. There are at least 6 NHL capable defensemen in the system right now, and 5 d-men 25 and under on the big club. We don't need defensive prospects in the least.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote