View Single Post
Old
01-03-2008, 08:03 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I know big guys progress slower, but 25-26-27 before he cracks the NHL? C'mon is he really even worth it at that point? When his contract is up, Hartford should sign him to a ML contract. If he plays well, he's a long time Wolfpack, if he plays great, the Rangers can sign him as they did Girardi.
I know it's a little bit of a stretch but look at Antropov and Bertuzzi. It took both 8 yrs in the NHL to really get going. Bertuzzi had 2 yrs in juniors (none in the A), while Antropov had 1 yr in Russia and less than a season in the A. Both were rushed to the NHL before they were ready, and it took them longer to develop.

Now, Jessiman has been in the minors for what 2 yrs (this being his third), and had a little over 2 season's of college hockey ending it w/ a serious injury that took time to rehabilitate and costing him progress. We have the luxury of being more patient w/ Jessiman so why not. That's why I don't think they should discard him after this year. Especially since he is showing signs of improvement this year. He could break out once he gets his confidence going, and keeps working. It's a low risk, high reward to try to sign him to a 2 way deal in the offseason.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote