View Single Post
Old
01-03-2008, 10:20 PM
PuckheadMcGillycuddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck71 View Post
Statistics wise I have been really really impressed with Rajala. He racked up 6 Goals, and 5 Assists for a total of 11 PTS in 5 Games at the Under-17s in London, Ontario.
Rajala seems to be the real deal and people I have talked to that were at the U-17s this week said that he is a hell of a talent and is a threat every time he is one the ice. I havent had the chance to seem him but for anyone who has could you tell me his strengths and weaknesses? TSN has him listed as 5'9 148 lbs? At that size he must be one incredibely smooth player.
Rajala was very impressive and clearly solidified his status as a top-notch 2009 prospect by proving his ability to succeed against top international compeition despite his lack of size, but Spartak Moscow forward Kirill Kabanov (6-1, 172) also finished with 11 points and is 16 months younger than Rajala. In fact, he was the second-youngest player in the tournament (7/16/92 b-day) and racked up two goals, nine assists and 28 PIMs in five games. Much more hyped Russian forward Maxim Kitsyn had only four points in Russia's five games, and Kabanov is likely to shoot up the 2010 draft boards after this impressive performance.

PuckheadMcGillycuddy is offline   Reply With Quote