View Single Post
Old
01-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*

vCash: 500
My biggest concerns are

1. SM-Liiga Senior league
Toni Rajala has been playing great in the SM-Liiga B and A junior leagues, but his Swedish counterparts for the 2009 draft are already in their senior leagues in SEL. Now SM-Liiga is alot different than SEL, specifically with the fact that SM-Liiga tends to attract alot of international players for some reason, so roster space may be limited. I don't know if that's an excuse right now but I hope it's not hurting him developement-wise. (ISS and some other """scouting servise""" (I am not a big fan of ISS) has him in the latter part of the first round, could be because of this).

2. Size
Has been covered. Patrick Kane is an example but I still don't know.

3. Exposure
He's really only getting recognization now so I don't know how that will affect him. I really don't know much about that kind of stuff, but Tavares and Hedman have been getting most of the attention... with a little Paajarvi-Svensson thrown in. Rajala really should have started getting hyped when he was a 14 year old playing against 16 year olds in SM-Liiga Jr C (think about how big 16 year olds seemed when you were 14). He's European so how can he compete with players playing in NDTP and CHL?

3. Too much talent in 2009, why would he get picked before someone 2-3" taller with close to the same skills?
Preferably Kuchin, Paajarvi and Haula. All 5'11" - 6'4". How could he compete?

Again I probably don't know alot of what I'm talking about but I'm still kinda weary. He's very talented and extremely smart. Can that help him draft day? Even if he is still 5'9?

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote