View Single Post
Old
01-04-2008, 02:55 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=vipernsx;11887310]The only concern would be if he was offered a deal by another NHL club, which I can't see happening at this time.
QUOTE]
This is what I would be afraid about if he starts playing well next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hplaya94 View Post
Not with Chere, Anisimov and Dawes taking available spots.
First off,

Dawes isn't that good either. he has done nothing at the NHL level to warrant a guaranteed spot next year, and I don't think he will even be on the Rangers next year (i see him traded).

Second,

There is no Guarantee Chere will be in NA next year let alone on the Rangers. He has a two year deal in Russia and is not extactly lighting up the league. Tretiak is closing that loophole before the end of the season where players can leave easy. I actually don't think Chere will be in NA next year. Nor from what I have read so far do I think he will be ready yet.

Third,

What has Anisimov done to solidify his spot next year at NYR either. He isn't the best player on HFD, nor is he dominating the leauge. He is progressing nicely but he isn't a guarantee either since technically we don't need any new centers next year. (Gomez, Drury, Dubi, Betts). i think him coming here will be a reflection of how well Dubi is progressing. If the coaches think Dubi can handle the second line and use Drury as a wing Ani could be called up. I think there is a 60-40 chance that he will start next season in NY, but it is all subject to change.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote