View Single Post
Old
01-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Wayyy too much attention is being put on Renney right now and not enough on the players. There are so many underachieving players on this team right now and to be honest Renney is still searching for four lines that click.

HBO line while they don't score provide energy which u want from your bottom line. Yeah he uses them a lot more than we like but maybe he just don't like his other options at certain times.

Jagr hasn't been the same player as he was the last two seasons. While he is still putting up points he just doesn't seem to have those dominating shifts this season like he had in the past.

Drury has gone through scoring slumps since Oct.

Gomez has just really came on since Dec came around, before that he was struggling.

Avery has been oft injured this season and it has effected his conditioning.

Prucha has really been snake bitten and he was counted on to produce more goals.

Hossa was thought to be ready to bust out this season, or ateast put up 20. Yeah I know he's not his brother, but he does have offensive ability and he just seems to not use it in the right way. I like Hossa a lot but have grown frustrated with him.

Callahan shouldn't be on this team right now

Shanny also had a slow start and is right now one of hte best players on the team. But at his age can we really rely on him to carry this club? That is Jagr's job.

Lundqvist had an amazing start but has hit a slump. I am starting to see a pattern with him with these mid season slumps.

IMO the best players have been our defenders, stepping up with thier offensive play and doing a good job with younger guys back there like Girardi and Staal. Rozy has played way above expectations and I don't think we can say that about one foward on the club, which is the main problem with this team right now.

Lastly, I don't care what anyone says about his size but Dawes should be on this team. Yeah he's small but he's thick. He has shown more offensive ability in his time here than a lot of the guys I mentioned above and has put his time in HDF waiting for his chance. If they don't want him on this team then trade him while his stock is up cause he is just being wasted down on the farm.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote