View Single Post
Old
01-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Free Torts

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt MacInnis View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but I just want to echo the sentiments about what a willing person MacLean is to talk. When I used to be out in New Brunswick, I routinely covered the Q through a generous arrangement with the Moncton Wildcats. They had let me know Doug was in the building to see Pineault play that night, so I tracked him down in the upper bowl with one of the team's scouts and he was more than willing to chat with me throughout the intermission and most of the next period.
He sounds like a nice guy who likes attention from anywhere he can get it. My mother in law actually went to high school with him, Gerard Gallant and their play-by-play guy, George Matthews.

Gare, I must say, I am really enjoying the book so far. I normally slog through books slowly because I quickly lose interest after starting one, only reading a few pages at a time.

But I've read a little more than half your book in two sittings, I have enjoyed it greatly. You have done a fantastic job. As a journalist myself, you lived out my dream in that time with the Jackets.

Free Torts is online now   Reply With Quote