View Single Post
Old
01-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Duff88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gare joyce View Post
Duff,

From the OHL site: "Ryan O'Reilly of the Toronto Jr. Canadiens was the first overall pick in the 2007 OHL Priority Selection. O'Reilly collected 31 goals and 43 assists for 74 points in 50 games. The Windsor Spitfires followed up by selecting forward Taylor Hall from Greater Kingston. The Toronto St. Michael's Majors selected Casey Cizikas from the Mississauga IceDogs third overall. The Peterborough Petes selected forward Zack Kassian from Windsor with the fourth overall pick and the Brampton Battalion rounded out the top five when they selected forward Matthew Duchene from the Central Ontario Wolves."

I like Duchene more than the other guys and I don't doubt he'd be the top pick if there was a do-over, not that the other guys are bad. My way: Duchene, Hall, O'Reilly, Kassian and Cizikas, probably.
I might be wrong, I'm not a huge O follower, but Duschene had commited to Michigan State (verbally) way back in 2006. I'm thinking he may have been drafted lower because of this situation, much like Esposito did in the Q, although Esposito had not commited to anything.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote