View Single Post
Old
01-05-2008, 11:36 AM
VisionQuest*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
It would be a huge mistake not to re-sign Avery. From the sounds of things, though, Sather realizes what he brings to the table. All that I'm willing to take out of these comments is that this type of negotiation is going to take time.

Despite his past in LA, I'd imagine there a quite a few teams that would bring Avery in if he becomes a UFA. I'm sure Ken Holland in Detroit might be interested; as would the Islanders; even a young team like Chicago could be interested.
is it a bigger mistake to not resign avery, or not resign a 29 year old solid defenseman thats on pace for 51 pts?

I know what Avery "brings to the table" Im a Rangers fan, I live in Los Angeles, Ive seen every game this guy has played since traded from Detroit.

The bottom line is, the Rangers are going to be in a money crunch come this off season and some tough decisions are going to have to be made, put your avery fanboyness aside and think pro-actively about the rangers and their future. He gets the crowd going, that gets the team going, they win games, I get it. Again, this may be a very different team next season, loads of teams that have had more success than the rangers the last two seasons havent had an "avery" in the lineup.

If you need a guy like this to win hockey games, you aren't a very good hockey club to begin with. So addressing THOSE concerns should be your #1 priority.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote