View Single Post
Old
04-09-2004, 01:54 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
I've only seen Stewart twice this year, so I can't so too much about him, but I haven't seen much of Ribeiro in him. He seems opposite of Ribs in that his passing skills and vison are not his best assets, but he seems to shoot the puck often from just about anywhere, and he has a good shot. Ribeiro I always thought he had a weak shot but insane vision/playmaking skills. Stewart seems weak on draws, and although last year he took a lot of stupid penalties he seems to have worked on that. (but winning a lot of games verus losing a lot tends to change your attitude )

His skating and speed are also better then what I can remember of Ribeiro's at 18/19 and his defensive play as well, as he at least seems to understand where to go and what to do, whereas Ribs seemed lost in his own end.

But that's only from 2 games, hopefully I get to see him more next year as he should have a great season.

As for Sersen and Tobin, I like both of them. Sersen I wouldn't mind getting if he's there in the 3rd round, but there's a good chance he'll be gone by then. Tobin I would go for in say the 5th round, as from the little I've seen he plays a physical game and has good size. But I also liked Yancik Jasmin-Reil, as I thought he would be a good mid round pick for us this year.