View Single Post
Old
01-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
When Jagr goes I would expect the Rangers to become a more grind it out North-South team. I don't see any of our current d-men putting up big numbers. One who may eventually would be Sanguinetti. Roszival's offensive game is predicated on being a support player much more than anything else--we've spent 2 1/2 seasons watching him pass up glorious scoring chances to give the puck to Jaromir--better positioned for a good shot or not. Without the huge threat that Jagr is--and whether he's scoring or not--I expect the whole offense will suffer when he leaves. If you don't have a big gun--you better learn how to play defense.
Yes, exactly, with Jagr being the "big man" on the team, Rozsival may feel the need to dish it off instead of shoot. This wouldn't decrease his production if Jagr was gone, it would increase it, being as he wouldn't have another "go to man" instead of shoot. Rozsival's confidence level is never high because the guy never takes matters into his own hands and shoots, if you look at defenseman in top scoring this year, they all have 100+ shots plus basically, Rozsival has less than 60, and he's never shot like over 125 in his career I think.

Unless we sign another big name after the departure of Jaromir Jagr, I don't see Rozsivals' numbers being decreased, but I see them remaining similar or increasing.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote