View Single Post
Old
01-08-2008, 07:47 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
i think the train station we ended up picking late last night was secaucus...where would we have to park then if they don't have any?

and thanks for all the help! we are going to be in 304
Secaucus DOES NOT have parking. There is no parking close to it. The one thing about getting in to NYC: Everyone has an opinion on the best way, and it seems like they are just opinions and assumptions. Unless they have specific information on where to go, I would be weary of taking their advice.

The only station close to that area I have gone to is Lyndhurst which definitely has free parking. I caution you that some stations may have very small lots or lots with permit only parking.

I have parked at Harrison Station before, which is close to 78, and it was either free parking or metered. BUT it's the PATH train. You will have to change trains to get to 33rd street (not PENN station but really close walk).

I think the only answer about getting in to NYC is doing as much research as you can, then just doing it and hope it works out