Thread: #2 pick offers?
View Single Post
Old
04-10-2004, 03:31 AM
craig1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTR
I think it is more a matter of Pitts thinking about adding some good depth at forward.

You need to check out the Pens prospects. Depth is no issue. The Pens are loaded with great two-way wingers in the AHL (Armstrong, Murley, Ouellet) Europe (Anshankov, Bartischi) and juniors (Christiansen,etc).

We all know about the outstanding position they are in on D and in goal, so........

The main issue for the Pens is that their farm system is stocked with a lot of Centers who project to be good to great 2nd and 3rd liners. In the AHL {Beech (Average to good 2nd), Endicott (prototype 3rd)}, College {Eaves (Good to great 2nd)}, and in Juniors {Stone (Solid 2nd), Talbot (really great 3rd, decent 2nd)........

..............Notice the only think truly lacking in the Pens system is a top line Center. That's what Malkin can be.....a top line center. Why give that up for something that they are not in need of? IF the Pens deal, it will have to be for an extreme overpayment, since they are in position to get what they need.......maybe even moreso than if they were picking #1 overall........not to say AO isn't the better prospect....he is......but Malkin fits the Pens need more.

EDIT:..........And before anyone assumes I'm naming every Pens prospect and being a homer who thinks every prospect is going to have a hugh impact (I hate when I see that here), please notice that I picked mostly older prospects further along in their development who are legitimately going to compete in training camp next year.............if there is a next year.........for a spot on the team. Not all 18 year olds picked in the 6th round of the 2003 draft!

Last edited by craig1: 04-10-2004 at 03:36 AM.