View Single Post
Old
01-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
I agree all around, Chosen...

on Girardi - I think he's trying to provide a bit too much offense and his game is suffering as a result. I think the same of Rozsival - who I thought was quite good defensively the last couple years but has regressed, but is putting up the points (and have alluded to the notion he's padding his stats because of free agency and is thus playing for a contract).

I do think Malik's problem is not 100% his problem but more a problem of the unit of five with which he's played. The unit played well as a group and accumulated stats and wins as a group (from Lundqvist out to Jagr). With Jagr struggling early on, Malik also struggled and the unit as a whole did not function well. I think Prucha's PP woes have been a by-product of similar woes of a unit, as well as Straka, etc.

EDIT: On Purinton - oddly enough I liked him most when he was not fighting (never seemed to pick the right time to fight - i.e., starting a fight in the offensive zone with the Rangers down a goal). When he didn't play like an idiot, and kept it simple, he seemed quite useful. The funny thing about him is that he never played very physical. Wasn't a good or frequent bodychecker. Didn't clear the crease. That was odd to me.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote