Thread: #2 pick offers?
View Single Post
Old
04-10-2004, 12:58 PM
craig1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTR
Just to clarify. I didn't mean depth in the sense of third and fourth liners. I meant prospect depth. Igor Radulov, if he pans out, is without questions a goal scoring 1st or 2nd line wing, with decent size and a little grit. The weakness in his game is only that he hasn't brought it everynight. Radulov, in no way, is projected for the 3rd and 4th line.

The trade was meant to get some immediate scoring in your lineup. I assume you can still get a potential 1st line player at #3, thus including Radulov you could fill 2/3 of a 1st or 2nd line. That is what I mean by depth.

Again, prospect depth is not an issue for Pittsburgh. They have tons of it, includung first and second line wingers. The only place the Pens are lacking is in a true 1st line, top-end center prospect........which Malkin is. They have really good wing prospects, great D and Goalie prospects....at center though...while they have a ton of good prospects, they still lack the home-run hitter. Why trade out of #2, when they can get what they need right there?

Again, quantity, no matter the position, or likely role a player will take is absolutely no issue for Pittsburgh. They are looking for a #1 center.