View Single Post
Old
04-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Didn't mean it as we are not playing hard enough, but, if we have one tiny lapse of not playing the hardest hockey we can play, then it will cost us. I personally thought Hartnell's hit was not smart, and whether or not the ref should have swallowed the whistle is a another matter.

I think in the last 3 minutes, of course, after the penalty, they played harder and with "more" heart. Not that we didn't, but it showed, they said, "we are gonna score here." And even though it was a fluky goal at best, I could just sense they were going to score, they knew it. It might have had a lot to do with being at home, and if we can put ourselves in that position then maybe being at home will help us swing a win our way.

I just want this team to succeed now, and not be happy just to "be there". That was great and all to get in, but now that we are in, losing shouldn't be an option, no matter the talent levels. In my oh-so humble opinion, of course.