Thread: Jagr
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2008, 10:37 AM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
I hate to say it but Jagr is a terrible captain. He should just step down. And I honestly never thought I'd say that. He just can't handle the pressure and let's face it this guy has never won a thing without Mario Lemieux. Jagr isn't 18/19 years old anymore and he's not fooling anyone with the way he sets himself up to shoot the puck. Maybe it is time that the Rangers see what they can get for him. I NEVER thought I would be saying this but with this team going nowhere maybe it is time to pull a 2003/04 and start dealing the vets for young players and prospects. The Rangers will never do it but they honestly should because this team, as currently put together, cannot win the Stanley Cup. Heck I don't think they can even win more than one playoff round.
That's funny, I can't remember the Cup that Mario won without Jagr...could you remind me what year that was?

And what makes him a terrible captain? Honestly.

He can't handle the pressure? The teams not very good right now. It's not anything more than that.

I've defended this guy all season. And he is by no means the main problem or one that we should be worrying about at the moment. There's so many other things. But he's the face of the franchise and people associate his easy going attitude with not caring or lacking effort.

There's no way to fight this. People are irrational and expect perfection. And unless they get it they'll spew their venom in the direction of the Captain.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote