View Single Post
Old
01-11-2008, 02:05 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
he was getting torn apart on the wake-up zone this morning.

Frank Wychek in particular was steamed with the way he handled things, mostly the "dismantling" of the team, with regard to the fact that he knew he'd soon be in control of another team in the same conference.
This actually concerns me somewhat. I know the NHL, and all sports leagues for that matter, let their owners run around unchecked, but I think a significant conflict of interest exists.

One of the primary expectations from the fanbase is that the owner will act in the best interests of the team so long as that act is reasonable. It's hard to argue that Leipold was really in a position to act in the best in the best interests of the franchise during his last several months as owner.

To add to that, those months in question saw roster turnover that involved signficant roster talent leaving the Predators for Eastern Conference teams. Short of trading these players to Minnesota, this is one of the easiest way to weaken a future opponent in relation to your future team.

Having said this, I don't think Leipold acted maliciously. But this looks bad for those who see how the scenario unfolded and certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote