View Single Post
Old
04-11-2004, 10:48 AM
fufonzo

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
God I hate when people pick on just a couple players. The team couldn't score. That IS our problem. So we won't even bother with Theo. As for Koivu, in game 1 he was one of our better offensive players. he created chances and set up Zednik a few times but he couldnt put it in. In the second game, he didnt have a great game but he created a few nice plays (almost scored on that shorthanded rush) and made a few really nice passes. Kovalev also had a pretty good game, working the puck well in the corners and finally showing some heart. Just because a player doesnt score, doesnt mean he's playing badly. One thing I would like from Koivu is to keep his stick down. I'm tired of eeing him go to the box. Although two of those penalties probably shouldnt have gotten called, if his stick was on the ice, there would have been no reason to call it.

As for Habitude, Koivu is one of the better puck protectors on the team along the boards (along with Zednik). People assume he can't do it cuz he's small, but look for it and you'll see that despite his small stature he's VERY good at controlling the puck along the boards.
And quickness is one of the Habs' best assets. Saying Koivu is one of the best skaters on the team because the team is slow is false. Koivu is one of the better skaters in the league. Did you see him burn the Bruins' D-man on the penalty kill when he almost scored?

Bottom line is, the Habs played a great game on Friday despite the loss. Let's stop pointing fingers and look at how we can win next game. Like Cherry said, there's only ONE player to blame for the Habs' loss Friday and that's Raycroft.