Thread: On Jessiman
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2004, 12:04 PM
dumpsathernow*

vCash: 500
On Jessiman

Sorry but anybody who thinks we should have drafted Parise over Jessiman is a total moron. If you haven't noticed the Devils are getting destroyed by Philly because they are small. The games should not have been close if it wasn't for about 3 minutes where Philly lost focus.

Parise was a total non factor in the final game vs. Canada. He was invisible once they hit him a few times and under no circumstances should be been the MVP of the event. Dawes or O'Sullivan were without question the best 2 players in the tournament.

Players like Parise rarely make an impact in the NHL. They are small and weak and are easy targets. The very, very, short player who is stocky like Fleury was and St. Louis is, stand a much better chance to succeed in the NHL because they are so hard to hit being fast and low to the ground.

Parise reminds me a lot of Lundmark. I doubt he will play big in big games. Gomez is a loser in the playoffs and crawls under a rock vs. physical teams. I suspect Parise will be the same. Dawes much like St. Louis and Fleury probably has had to fight his entire life to play well against bigger players so I think he stands a better chance to be a good NHL player then Parise does

Jessiman has already bulked up to 220. If you have a chance to get a monster at 6'5 230-240 who has great skills and hands you simply don't pass that up to take a moron like Parise who is 5'10 185 and will be destroyed by any legit NHL defenseman.