View Single Post
Old
01-11-2008, 11:18 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post

I said that it looks like overall the team comes out skating well, but then goes into lapses where nobody seems to hustle. He replied that yes they are skating well but..."the horses need to be on the ice when the game is on the line" I said yeah it is surprising to me that the 4th line has been put on the ice when the team is down late in the 3rd. He said the "4th line does a tremendous job, but...late in the game you need to have the horses on the ice" He also said some changes will be made shortly...Now I didn't know if he meant that would be some sort of line schuffling, or a trade, or someone getting shipped to Hartford? The topic changed to Alaska, and fishing and that was all the hockey talk we had, but I was surprised that some of his comments especially about the discipline thing. Glad he wasn't giving the politically correct answers.

All in all a real genuine guy, and I am glad I got to meet him and shoot the sheet with him for a little while.
Good story.

The bolded really caught my eye. Seems like this is a common sentiment amongst those "horses," as IIRC, Jagr said something similarly.

Basically, I get the feeling that Renney is being too generous with his ice time and shifting of the 3rd and 4th lines, specifically the 4th? Correct me if I'm wrong, certainly, but maybe that's something that could help the team settle things down and get back on track?

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote