View Single Post
Old
04-11-2004, 02:38 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade
Along with Rochester and Syracuse, Hamilton already had their bye secured before the game last night, probably the reason for the lacklustre performance as the game didn't mean a thing. However, Michaud played his way out of a backup role last night as Danis appears ready to take that spot over.As to why they switched to Michaud after the first, I'm assuming they just wanted to rest Damphousse in case of injury, but they might as well have just started Michaud in that case. And I agree on Danis being a part of the goaltending tandem next year, it would be better if the other guy was Fichaud, as he has played much more solid than JF this year.
I believe Damphousse is signed for next year and Fichaud is not. Statistically speaking there was not much difference between the two and Damphousse is younger.

Michaud is also younger than Danis so I would expect to see Olivier back in the ECHL next year and Danis sharing duties in Hamilton with Damphousse.

If Halak continues to play well, Montreal's depth in goal looks better than it has in years.