View Single Post
Old
04-11-2004, 05:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
I believe Damphousse is signed for next year and Fichaud is not. Statistically speaking there was not much difference between the two and Damphousse is younger.

Michaud is also younger than Danis so I would expect to see Olivier back in the ECHL next year and Danis sharing duties in Hamilton with Damphousse.

If Halak continues to play well, Montreal's depth in goal looks better than it has in years.

The Habs have an option on Damphousse for next year, I believe. Michaud and Fichaud will be RFA's. I think the best thing for the Dogs will be Fichaud Danis combo, but I could see them going with Damphousse Danis. Fichaud didn't have the year he had last season, but Damphousse seems to have a tough time putting together a string of strong games. He'll look solid for a night or two, then shaky.

Either way I think Danis will be the main guy at some point in the season next year, so it doesn't really matter who else is there.

Halak I would think he gets a shot in the mens league, as he seems to have done well there in his brief callups. We could see our 2 young goalies faceoff against each other next year at the WJC's, as Halak should be the starter and Christopher Heino-Lindberg could make Team Sweden next year as their depth in nets for the U-20 doesn't seem very strong.