View Single Post
Old
04-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Olaf

vCash: 500
Playoff Hockey..and ringing ears....

Glad I can type because I have lost my voice...
and I need to reflect on an awesome experience.

Thank you Preds for giving me an opportunity to witness playoff hockey for the first time. I have been to over 150 games over the last 6 years, have been to many Atlanta Flames games as a kid.....but until today had not experienced what it is all about in the NHL. I have been to World Series games, a Super Bowl, and NBA playoff games. This was game 3 of the opening round, and yes my team won, but it was the loudest single event I have ever been privileged to witness.

I would like to have the energy to write about the officials, knock on Shanny and Chelios, but I am zapped.
I sat next to a group of wing fans, the lady next to me had ear plugs. I was glad the boys got the first goal to keep the scattered wing fans there from getting any energy. I remember the first game the first year vs. the wings and it was about 75% red. Not so today, I got in some good natured ribbing with a wings fan behind me, at the end we shook hands and he applauded the Preds as they congratulated TV at games end.

When Hartnell scored I thought the roof was going to come off the place, which would of been cool because it would of let the stranded flying tiger thing out.
Kudos today to Leggy for a solid game at both ends. And Hall and Hartnell played their arses off. I thought Bomber played his best game as a Pred, and TV was of course stellar. I wish we could of put a little more pressure on Legacy because for the first time he looked a little shaky.

The atmosphere was top notch fellas, I am looking forward to the game Tue night. And regardless of the outcome of this series....thanks again Preds.