View Single Post
Old
01-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Canucks5551

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
yeah, and it exposed Vancouvers lack of depth. If it was not for Luongo Vancouver would be in huge trouble. Sedins or no Sedins.

I am not saying the Canucks are not a decent team, but they don't have the prospect depth they used to, they've spent most of it getting close to the cup and are on the downslope. I am not saying they are going to have to bottom out like St. Louis did a couple years back but until they've rebuilt their depth they are going to rely on Luongo very heavily.

If not for Florida's horrible trade, Vancouver would be a mess right now.
We had prospect depth?

We only gave up 2nd and 3rd rounders in deadline deals in the past years, and knowing our scouts (minus Gradin) they wouldn't have amounted to anything anyways.

As for depth on our team right now, our defensive depth is amazing. Not many other teams, if any, could go without two of their top 4 defencemen for the stretch we have and still keep the division lead. That's not even mentioning the loss of our #2 centre either. I'm not claiming we have good forward depth though.

Edit: apparently Pyatt has a broken jaw too. That will be a huge blow seeing as he was playing great both with and without the Sedins before this. You've got to be freaking kidding me!

Last edited by Canucks5551: 01-14-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote