View Single Post
Old
01-14-2008, 08:50 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianscot View Post
Montreal also had a boat load of injuries in the playoffs that year.

Lafleur played only 3 games in the playoffs after crashing his Cadillac in March, Pierre Mondou only 4, and Doug Risebrough none at all.

With Serge Savard and Guy Lapointe both banged up and getting older, Gaston Gingras, Rick Chartraw, and Gilles Lupien all suddenly had to take on more responsibility.

It also didn't help matters that 50 goal regular season scorer lucky Pierre Larouche exploded for only 1 playoff goal in 10 games.
Well...
First of all, Pierre Larouche had 8 pts in 9 games. Not exactly a great production, but not terrible, either.

Second... Guy Lapointe was not only banged up, but he also played only 2 games in the whole playoffs.

In fact, the slight drop in Larouche production was timed with a huge production from 2/3 remains of the Kid line, who had 12 and 11 pts. Even the D's posted some rather good numbers in those playoffs, and the G's weren'T bad --- a 3,00 GAA isn't awful...

What happened? I don't know. I wasn't there back then, but the numbers tell me that the Habs fell in a slumber... and that Herron and Larocque (probably Herron, as Larocque lost only one game in those playofs, against 3 for Larocque) were outplayed by Maniago/Beaupré.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote