View Single Post
Old
04-12-2004, 08:13 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
I know I'm in a minority but I like Houde. I know he strays away from the game and is a homer and treats Theo like his backward nephew, but I like him. He seems like a good guy and has a good sense of humor. Danny and Rene are dead so we make do. The problem with homer broadcasts are they tend to tell the story from one point of view, with the opposition being a constant, kind of like posters. Homerism is to be expected from local broadcasters, national broadcasts are a different story.

Montrealers old enough to remember getting Bruin games on #22 from Burlington during the 70's can remember the worst homerism that we have ever seen, though I'm sure Bruin fans loved these guys. I'm watching in French for superstition, the Habs play better when I watch in French. Also they're about 5 seconds ahead. I went upstairs to wtach the game after supper last night [ditching dessert actually] and my daughter turned it on downstairs for a minute. I yelled when Kovalev scored his second and actually heard my daughter yell afterwards. We synchronized in one room after that.