View Single Post
Old
01-15-2008, 12:56 PM
HBK27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Where were you this summer, then? Never took a look at our board (or yours)? It was probably just the hate from the fact that he signed with us, but the ******** comments were coming from just so many damn people it wasn't even funny.
I was right here this summer as well & why I understand there were a good amount of Devils posters going overboard with their hatred for Gomez signing with the Rangers, there were quite a few of us as well that were very level headed about the whole ordeal. I just take a bit of offense when you paint all Devils posters with one brush.

For what it’s worth, I wasn’t too bothered by Gomez signing with the Rangers. I would’ve liked to have seen him stay with the Devils, but not at that price – I didn’t think he’d be worth the money. That type of contract was easier for a team like the Rangers to absorb than the Devils, who had struggled to stay under the cap the previous 2 seasons. I actually liked the fact that the Rangers had so much money tied up in him a Drury – I thought it would hurt them in the long-run. So far I’m being proven wrong about the Gomez signing – it’s turned out very well for the Rangers thus far. I still expected Drury to perform better – but really, both these guys were brought in more for what they can do in the postseason.

HBK27 is offline   Reply With Quote