View Single Post
Old
04-12-2004, 09:12 AM
L.I.RangerFan

vCash: 500
Playoff Results April 10th and 11th

Sorry (again) for not being able to update as quick as I would have liked. Unfortunately I had to work a 2-10 shift on Saturday and a 16 hour shift (5:30am-9:30pm) on Easter Sunday, so between work and sleep, there was very little time for anything else.

To catch everyone up, we all know Denver beat Maine in the Frozen Four Finals. There are a few threads on this already, so I will leave that to someone else who maybe was able to watch the game.

On to the WHL playoff results, both series are now over.

Tri-City Americans and Marcus Jonasen have been eliminated by the Kelowna Rockets. The last game was a 2-1 victory for Kelowna who now advances to play the ever amazing Everett Silvertips in the Western conference Finals.

Everett and star defenseman Ivan Baranka advanced by beating the Vancouver Giants by a final score of 3-2. Ivan Baranka opened the scoring with a 1st period powerplay goal. Everett, an expansion team has suprised everyone with their great defensive play all year. They are coached by former NHL head coach Kevin Constantine, who preachs defense first.

Everett will meet Kelowna in the Western Conference Finals. Dates and times of the games are not finalized, so when they are I will post them.

Good Luck to the final Ranger prospect remaining in the playoffs, Ivan Baranka and

Let's Go Tips