View Single Post
Old
04-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

vCash: 500
Awards:
Just because TB was stupid doesn't mean Philadelphia should be too.
Gagne is severely underrated - he reminds me of Patrik Elias. Now, Gagne is not Patrik Elias, but they're the same type of player: good defensively, good heart, decent toughness, and great offensive skill. Trust me, that combination is what creates the BEST players in the NHL for a TEAM. Not necessarily for stats, but players like Elias and Gagne are what make a team into a competitor.

Gagne would produce no matter where he went. He's a great player with great upside, one who should not be underrated by others in the league just because he has a supporting cast. That's like the people who say Brodeur is only good because he plays for NJ, or Tanguay is only good because he plays for Colorodo. Don't be stupid - that's just silly. If he puts up points that means he is CAPABLE of putting up points, no matter who he plays with.

I would absolutely kill to have Simon Gagné on NJ. Frankly, if he is EVER traded by the Flyers, I fully expect Lamoriello to be all over him, trying to bring him to the Swamp. He is your prototypical team player - but he also has skill. That is so rare, finding a talented player who's ego doesn't make him useless to a team game.