Thread: Fore!!!!
View Single Post
Old
04-12-2004, 01:07 PM
Davisian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay 'n skeeta
congrats man, but one good ? for you. why in the hell would u waste your money to play golf with them 2 actually why would your father waste his money? would have been better off trying to get some memorabilia like an autographed jersey or puck thats what i would have wanted, not to play golf with sam and j.d
That's simple.. I could not take some form of autographed memorabilia, down to some exclusive (or not..?) Westchester Country Club, with my Father and Brother and friend of the family to play 18 holes with the only consistently good thing about the Rangers for the past seven seasons. Not to mention, as dedalus alluded to, tipping many bevies back while hearing countless Ranger stories, I would otherwise never have known of.

(And with TB stalking in the woods, maybe there will be corroborating accounts, since I'll remember about half of what they say)

I never really cared much for autographs, pucks & Jerseys I always end up using, but the (beer induced, hazy) memories of such a day will be a source of laughs for my family for many, many years.

It's easy to grin
When your ship comes in
And you've got the stock market beat.

But the man worthwhile,
Is the man who can smile,
When his shorts are too tight in the seat.