View Single Post
Old
01-16-2008, 03:19 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR425 View Post
Before you all go nuts, this is a question. Would it be in our best interest to move Hank and some others at the deadline and free up big bucks. We are not a Cup contender now as constructed, and have no cap room. Say we can move Hank to Boston for Kessel, Stuart, Hamil, Rask and a #1. Stuart gives us a physical dman, and Kessel and Hamil some O, Rask another Goaltending prospect.
Let me start off by saying the thought of trading Lundqvist, or anyone thinking that we should trade him makes me vomit. He's easily a top-3 goaltender in this league, and the team that's in front of him is playing like garbage.

To Boston? Who already has Fernandez, who is a legit starter? I'm sure they want to give up Kessel, Stuart, Hamill, Rask, and a 1st for Lundqvist, who really wouldn't be the difference there at this time. They need help outside of the pipes. Hamill might not even be a 1st line center one day. While Rask is one of the top 3 goaltending prospects in the world (#2 behind Carey Price in my opinion) there's no guarantee that he'll even be a top-10 goaltender in this league one day. To trade an ESTABLISHED, PROVEN, TOP-3 NHL FRANCHISE ELITE goaltender for an bunch of unproven commodities is pointless.

Quote:
Then we look to move Jagr, Shanny, Straka, Rosie, Leak and Mara. We could maybe send Rosie to Chicago for Skille, then Shanny to San Jose for Couture. Jagr to St.Louis for Burglund and Hjalmarsson. Just a thought but I think it has to be considered. Don't know who would want these players even, but would like to know what you think. The goal is to build a team that will be a cup contender for a decade or more. Just think Hank will cost so much against the cap, and I believe Montoya is the real deal also. Since he is cheaper for a few years we should give it a shot.
That's the mentality... think long term! Think long term by trading away our franchise goaltender and hoping that Montoya becomes even half of what Lundqvist is now. Common sense is scarce in these regions, I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Henrik is part of the solution, not the problem. I wouldnt trade him for anyone, even with him falling apart recently.
Him falling apart?

Our entire team philosophy has opened up, and now we're giving up tons of more chances than we were earlier on in the year.

He's let in a few soft ones, and hasn't been as sharp as he was earlier on, but this team has just plain SUCKED in front of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88lindros88 View Post
no offense but the idea of lundy going to boston is of all things retarted at best. is lundy better than thomas? i would think he is. has he played consistently better than thomas? nope. why would boston take a downgrade in CURRENT goaltending and give away the players you suggested?
Thomas couldn't hold a candle to Lundqvist on Hank's worst day.

What a joke.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote