Thread: The Arena
View Single Post
Old
01-16-2008, 09:12 AM
mmitchell19

vCash: 500
I grew up in K.C., and at age 6-7, I was a Blackhawks fan. (gasp) What can I say...I liked Savard & Secord...I didn't know any better.

My dad and I came to STL for a Blues-'Hawks game, and I was all decked out in my 'Hawks gear. In the middle of the 2nd period, I went to the restroom (where have all the trough-style urinals gone?). As I started to do my business, two HUGE guys in Blues gear came in and stood uncomfortably close to me on either side. (In retrospect, they may not have actually been huge...but they were certainly intimidating for someone my age.)

I had never been so scared in my life as when they started talking to each other about me. "Looks like we got a Chicken Hawk fan here." "Yep...what do you think we ought to do with him?" Many comments about throwing me into the urinal, throwing me off the upper deck to the lower deck, etc. followed. Needless to say, I hightailed it out of that bathroom.

Good times.

The '88 All-Star game was also a fond memory...I still have a puck & t-shirt around the house somewhere.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote