View Single Post
Old
04-12-2004, 05:06 PM
habitants9_4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade
Although on paper this team can look somewhat close to last year's, their play is no where even close. Last year's Dogs could dominate any team on any given night, and could have probably beaten a few NHL teams while they were at it. In goal, Conklin-Garon. Wow. Even Conklin-Fichaud, still amazing. Damphousse-Danis, not a lot of confidence riding there, but hopefully they can stand on their heads.

As far as your lines go, the only thing I see Jarvis doing differently is putting Dwyer at centre, where he has played most of the year. He has been one of the unsung hero's for the Dogs this year, even though he's not piling it up on the scoresheet. As well as Olvestad, who has been a great third liner for the team this year.

And with Milroy, he has played anything but average, somewhere far below that. I'd rather see Brent Robinson get that spot, as the game I saw him in Toronto he looked pretty good.

Your predictions are quite optimistic, but saying that I hope they come true . The Barons will take out Toronto, and the Dogs will beat the Barons, and I think they could beat the Crunch out as well, and I too think the Wolves will make it to the conference finals, but Hamilton has not had much luck against them, and will probably be ousted there. I'm looking forward to a good run, had my tickets for the first 2 rounds for a week now, Go Dogs!
Last year's depth up front is the difference between this version to last year's. They had 4 lines that on any given night would play as your first. Most of the times it was the Ward line with Salmelainen/Hossa and Gratton, but Stoll and Ryder had their moments. Along with them, you had Raffi Torres who with Lindsay and Blouin/Hinz would provide a truly physical first line...Both Lindsay and Torres could produce offensively in the AHL, but Hinz and Blouin were on hot streaks.
Finally the fourth line was filled with players on slumps and the rookie Plekanec. Hossa, Rita were the likely candidates for the wing, but you saw SaLMELAINEN, Dicasmirro, Balej, Blouin and Hinz all pencilled in at one time or another. In the finals, particularily the final game none of the lines showed up, and they all played like 3rd or 4th lines. It was kind of a weird team, that had a chemistry that was hard to beat. This years team's chemistry is coming along nicely....There are a lot of the French guys becoming good friends, like Damphousse-Fichaud-Michaud...Cote-Traverse-Dwyer-Dykhuis-Ferland-Gratton-Beauchemin...Flood-Robinson-Danis....Komisarek-Higgins-Milroy...There seems to be a solid group of friends...when they first started the team didn't seem as friendly with each other.

It doesn't look like Jarvis is playing Robinson, I think he would prefer Milroy because he knows what he can do....He saw it for that short period of time after the Svitov trade.

I think they can beat Chicago without needing as much luck as you think. Obviously you need some luck to win, but they have faired pretty well against Chicago. I remember earlier in the year seeing them beat the Wolves 5-3..Their defense is too slow for our speedy forwards. Their offense got shut down with our defense corps...We match well. The only team I am worried about would be Houston or Grand-Rappids. Milwaukee and Chicago are both very good teams, but from this season's games I think we would beat them. Houston has Holmqvist, and everyone knows what he did last year, and Grand-Rappids are just bigger and have a lot of experience.

Also I have never seen Dwyer play center...What games did you see him play C. He usually plays LW.

Just noticed Wilkes-Barre added Fleury and Whytney to their roster....Yikes, their chances have just dramatically increased!

I will also go to all home games, and if they play Rochester/Syracuse/Toronto I might go.