View Single Post
Old
01-19-2008, 01:11 PM
droller*

vCash: 500
I am a fantasy owner of Hannu and have followed his development as much as I can (I'm in Vancouver so I see limited Boston/STL games). A few yrs ago after Hannu's rookie season in Boston I built my team around him expecting him to develop into a #1 goalie.

Although I have not seen him night in and night out, from what I gather by watching hockey highlights is his inability to make all the easy saves. He also seems to over commit when he is beaten (going down too early, or overplaying the shot). I am beginning to have my doubts that he will be a #1 tender, but will likely be a solid backup/1A guy. I think this playoff push will give us a better idea of where Hannu is. Legace will need to rest (playing awesome... but he is a small guy and never played a ton of games before). High pressure games with a fast pace will be a much better indicator.

We gotta remember that Hannu is still 23 (as many have said) and young goalies have their ups and downs. Lots of them are able to remain consistant through an 82 game schedule. Ward, Harding, Price, Fleury, and even Lehtonen have some brain cramps and some easier shots beat them.

droller* is offline   Reply With Quote