View Single Post
Old
04-13-2004, 08:17 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Playoffs, Anything goes ?

I was reading a thread on the Flyers board where someone is upset about some shots JR has been getting. The general consensus is that in the playoffs, all's fair,anything goes. Getting the W is all that counts. I assume that every series can make a case that can rival the incident that we've been discusssing for the last 2 days. I haven't checked but I'm guessing the Flame fans are callimg for Ohlund's head, and the Canuck aren't fond of Iginla. Deandebean posted that we should all relax and remember that in the playoffs, ethics don't apply. I'm summarizing, not trying to speak for you D. Is that the general attitude ? I don't like to see what happened on Sunday, but that's preference. I don't buy the arguement about sportsmanship in this case spefically, unless the same posters are up in arms about players dislodging the net under pressure or any one of a number of offenses that go on. Cheating or gamesmanship ? Leaving off our Hab or Bruin glasses for a minute, are there any rules ? Should there be ?