View Single Post
Old
04-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
The sun bothers me too when the glasses come off. Keep in mind though that the 70's Habs made a point of trashing the style of the Broad Street Bullies. There's been a lot written about how those Habs didn't think that style was what they wanted to be the norm and went out to let them know they could beat them any way they wanted to play it. I remember Robinson saying he took a lot of pride in helping end that era. I've been pretty plain in that I don't like the way Ribs went about things the other night. I don't think it cheapens what the team may or may not accomplish though. put it into context and soon we'll have something new to debate. Kelly Hrudey is prattling on about honor when I think he was on the bench when Billy Smith and the Oilers were faking up a storm much worse than Ribs' could imagine. I doubt he said much to Billy. I guess, what I'm asking is, are we just arguing about partisanship ? Personally, if little Mikey gets 1g and 2 a tonight, I'll cheer just as loud. The Habs win in 93 was in no way cheapened by the Mcsorley stick call, nor did I think our 86 win was diminished because we manager to avoid the Oilers. We call Lapoint a noble warrior, if he buzzed Theo, and this goaded Souray into a shove, would Lapointe flop to draw a penalty ? Of course he would. Would we like it ? Of Course not. Would we do it ? Sure we would.
Yep, me too. What Ribs did was ugly, but he is still a hab, and i will support him through the playoffs, just like every other Hab!