View Single Post
Old
01-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Ulic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefan75 View Post
A lot of what you said describes how I play, or see things. I play forward most of the time, only end up on defense when I come back to cover and the guy who was playing defense thinks we're switching and goes up. I like how I can pick off pucks a little further out. I'm still working on confidence enough to go through/around defenseman. I usually try to drw the D man into a spot tat opens up a teammate for a pass. I rarely take slapshots, and do little fom the point. I usually try to work around the slot or set up guys from behind the net. I'm more of a passer than a shooter. Most of my goals are from following up rushes where I just have to redirect the puck. I might gain in the offensive zone, but give up in the neutral zone on picking off loose pucks. I honestly couldn't say which is the bigger end of the transaction though.
If you can find a long, cheaper wood stick I'd try it out for a couple games to see how it feels. After that cut it down a bit and see how it feels. This way you would be able to see first hand how you handle different lengths. It might be better to just see what you play better with rather than worrying about the attributes of the stick. Hope some of this has helped.

Ulic is offline   Reply With Quote