View Single Post
Old
01-20-2008, 10:30 AM
LilWinger11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefan75 View Post
So if things are little more than snug through the middle part of the skate(arhc and outside of the foot), there's not too much that is going to help that? It's not very uncomfortable, like I said, just when trying to feel for any little thing, I notice a little bit there. Will that part break-in, or it's pretty much how it's going to be?
The pain you're describing makes me think it might be worth it for you to try on the same size skate in the next width. I've never had my skates baked, but I don't think it would do much to improve fit in that part of the skate. I've also noticed that arch pain is something that's tough to get a sense of trying on skates in a store; I've had several pairs of both figure and hockey skates that felt fine on my arches- until I got on the ice.

If you do go with these skates and the arch pain continues, you could try over-the-counter orthotics. I have them in all my skates, and it took me awhile to find the right brand, but I finally did and my skates are completely painless now.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote