View Single Post
Old
04-13-2004, 12:03 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

vCash: 500
On a sidenote, for those who thought maybe Jimmy Dowd would be mad at the fans who booed the American anthem at Sunday's game, here is an interesting link*. Dowd told the Boston Herald (newspaper) he wasn't mad at all against Habs fans, as he knows it had nothing to do necessarily against USA, but most of all against the Boston Bruins. If it was about the United States, then why is it the first time in almost a year we are hearing those kind of boos?

I think the Bruins fans and most journalists are being too sensitive towards this booing. I mean, come on, let's talk about hockey, not politics. It seems like people are talking only about the anthem and Ribeiro's injury (or fake) than about the hockey game. Let's not forget the Habs have taken the momentum in this serie, and they have outplayed the Broons in the last 2 games. Boston is lucky, IMO, to be up 2-1 in this serie. If it wasn't for Raycroft's brillance (or Theo's bad performances) it could be much different.

Anyway, to come back to the point, it seems to me like the Broons are using the American anthem booing and the "Ribeiro affair" to hide the fact that they're suddenly the ones that should be worried about the way they are playing.

* http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chronique...N407C10B9.html