View Single Post
Old
04-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeding blue
Well they dont win it every year, they won 3 times. Yea thats great and certainly a good accomplishment but it has to be an empty feeling when you realize that no one cares. As a NJ resident I can attest to the fact that the support for the Devils is sooo weak it's ridiculous. No one cares about them. Kids would come to school in Ranger jerseys, and this is in New Jersey. That's like a high school kid wearing a Yankee Jersey in Boston, it shouldnt happen. There is only one person that I can recall who wore a Devil jersey to school and actually followed the team. I'm sorry, winning is fabulous and swell but it mean nothing to me if you dont have the respect and support from the people that you are supposedly representing. I'll gladly accept the futility and agrivation of being a Ranger fan, just as those Cub fans and those Red Sox fans do. Do you think any of them would trade their franchise to that of the Diamondbacks or that of the Angels? I think not. What matters to me is loyalty, comraderie, and the passion that goes along with my team. Winning isnt always everything.
And in Central Jersey the hockey fans are mostly Flyer diehards.