View Single Post
Old
01-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Paincakes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Honestly, no. I don't think we are gonna hit 14,000 paid. In fact I doubt we will hit 13,125 paid, which is what we need for a Full revenue sharing check.

Ownership wants it to work here. I truly believe that. Basically the head guy ( or spokesman) came out in a city paper today saying it's frustrating because the same people are there every game. The diehards are there but he's havign a hard time attracting new fans. With the lease that the owenership group signed if they get out before 3 years they have to pay a substantial amount of money. I'm pretty sure they have to pay something if they try to get out after 4 years as well. I will guess they will give 3 to 5 years to see if it works. At this point I would lean more towards three.

Honestly I think every Pred fan knows deep down that sooner than later they are leaving. It's nothing to be ashamed of as Fans did just about everything they could to save this team. Personally I'm just going to enjoy the Preds while they are here. I don't think this area will trulely accept hockey as their own it seems. If Freeman and Co. can attract Coroporate support and it ends up working here I will be estatic, but I'm not getting my hopes up to say the least
I agree with most of your post, but I do think we will hit the revenue sharing mark at least. The ownership group has only had the team for a few months, I would like to wait and see if the lease changes are approved first, then see how they do over the course of the next year or so before I can truly feel that the end is nigh. At this point I don't know what to think. It might work, or it might not. I will do what I can but it is all up to the owners to get more people to want to come to games and get the corporations interested. I'll do what I can but if we don't succeed then I won't blame myself.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote