View Single Post
Old
04-14-2004, 02:21 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Yes that may have been a game with a different result. But MTL still coulda won after that. Like Perreault being on the ice for that late faceoff...

The turning point is when Kovalev ran into his own man like a blind horse. THAT is what gave the Bruins a winning opportunity. If Kovalev wouldn't have pivoted, we could still be playing right now.
EXACTLY. I can't believe that Perreault wasn't out there for the last faceoff. Isn't that his only job on the team?? I like Dowd, but up one goal with 30 seconds left in the third to go 2-2 in the series? That's Yanic's job, and CJ screwed the pooch. Hindsight is 20-20, but we were all talking about it just before the puck dropped. Kovi's getting a lot of flack, but why did Souray skate right toward him without any communication? One would expect that he would have skated behind Kovalev to return to his defensive position, or call him off the puck. Kovalev should not be left as the last man back at any time except the powerplay.

It's all my fault really. We went out to watch the game, so I couldn't conduct service at my shrine. It worked last game, and I encourage everyone to check the montreal poster awards thread for the details. I'll double my efforts from now on, and no more going out to watch games!!