View Single Post
Old
01-23-2008, 08:45 PM
BuddehJuS

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BuddehJuS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagne22 View Post
Congrats man, and trust me, you can get better pretty fast if youre committed.

My first year I had 3 assists in house league, spring league I had 1 goal, 5 assists, and then 2nd year, I had 9 goals 11 assists in the same league. It just takes a lot of hard work.

And whatever you do, dont get discouraged. Every person Ive talked to whos quit hockey wishes that they never gave up on it.
I try. I usually skate at least twice a week, sometimes 3 depending on league games. Funny enough, today I had an hour private session with my Coach and didn't have to take a knee. I was wrecked for sure but I told him he wasn't breaking me down because about 6 months ago, my endurance was crap. One drill and I was sucking wind. I hadn't done a private lesson in a while after that just due to the sheer fact it's expensive and I was discouraged and had more fun playing open hockey. But, now the drills are fun because they are more hockey related then cruddy skating drills which can be quite dull. I'll probably do one or two more private sessions before the start of next season to really get going.

BuddehJuS is offline   Reply With Quote