View Single Post
Old
04-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Capitano

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Agreed. But that's hockey too. I'm sure the Stars thought they had things in the bag with Turco's unconscious season last year, but come playoff time... whups. Right now, Marty Brodeur is doing about the same thing as Theodore. If he keeps it up... whups. Ottawa is looking so damn good it hurts, but Lalime just isn't Belfour... whups. Goaltending makes or breaks you, and the guys in that position tend to be streaky. It's sad for us, true, but what can you do? I don't think we could realistically expect to be much better at the goaltending position, from a franchise perspective. We have a top-10 goaltender on a cold streak. 14 other teams aren't even in the post-season. I'm not really worried about our goaltending. We could have improved the D, though, to help insure against our goaltender going on a cold streak. We didn't improve our D.
Very good points...but it always stings more when it happens to us I don't care about NJ or Dallas or Ottawa. I expect a lot from Theo. He is in a "small" market and he's getting paid his 6 million. He has to perform. Brodeur has 3 cups. As far as I'm concerned Theo has to play well, regardless of how everybody else is doing. He has to HATE giving up a goal and right now he's rolling over way too much.

Cap