View Single Post
Old
01-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
I agree, the vast majority of the point shooters can't get it through w/any regularity. However, the tic-tac-toe passes NEVER work, so I kind of think we'd eventually get more results with the simple throw-it-on-net approach. If our point-shooters start having success getting it through, teams will adjust by clogging the points, freeing up our shifty forwards down low.
I think we are seeing eye-to-eye on this, so in case you didn't see it here are my thoughts on the PP form another thread.

One thing I have noticed lately watching other teams power plays is that they play one of two styles or if capable a combination of the two. Murray is correct in saying that most teams have similar setups. The difference in a good power play, imo, is either capable of 1. quick passes and/or unexpected movements (ie making the box move to free up lanes) or screens the goalie well with good blue line/ or high slot shooters. So, the fault I see with our PP is the decisions we make with the puck. We are either slow to move the puck...waiting to make things happen or we are not setting up screens when our sniping players have the puck. Either way we are way too predictable with the puck. As much as I hate to say this..watch Detroit's PP...they do all of these well when everyone is healthy.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote